1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
- Make an Offer
- Asking Price: $89,900
- Stock Number: 161208
- Make: Toyota
- Model: FJ-40 Land Cruiser
- Transmission: Manual
- Miles: 90,681
- VIN: FJ40209671
- Title: Clear
Description Jump to top
1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
- Show quality Voodoo Blue exterior with a white hardtop and rear ambulance doors
- Over $110,000 in a three year extensive restoration (all receipts included)
- Full restoration documentation presented by photo book of all stages of work
- Previous family owned the Land Cruiser for over ten years
- Over 30k alone in body and frame work, truck was fully disassembled and all pieces and frame were media blasted.
- Powder-coated frame and differentials, Rhino-lined underbody and bottom of interior floors
- All parts used in restoration were OEM including all the rubber seals, rubber bumpers, window slides, window felt, body mounts and bushings
- Reassembled with over $5k in stainless steel bolts and fasteners
- Balanced and blueprinted original 4.2L 2F inline six-cylinder engine was completely rebuilt with MAF forged 9:1 pistons, upgraded to a Weber 36/36 carb, Man-A-Fre chrome header, MAF aluminum radiator, all new water pump, alternator, hoses, and clamps.
- 4 speed manual transmission
- All new complete power brake system, rear drums have been converted to discs to make this FJ have 4 wheel power disc brakes
- Front and rear differentials were rebuilt with new CV joints, driveshaft balanced and steering knuckles rebuilt
- 17-inch American Racing Mojave Wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja Mountain Tires
- 2″ Old Man Emu lift with reverse shackle kit, caster shims for correct driveshaft angle
- Interior is completely restored along with the front and rear heaters
- The steering wheel is the only single item not restored on this truck for “character”
- Take a very good look all over this FJ40, you will not find another one nicer!
- Documentation includes original owner’s manual, Kenwood Music Editor CD-ROM, Kenwood stereo instruction manual original Land Cruiser brochure, miscellaneous restoration receipts and photo album depicting the vehicle at various stages of its transformation
Motoexotica Classic Cars presents this stunning Voodoo Blue 1976 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser was fully restored by a service shop family in Topeka Kansas over the course of three years, and was finished into the spectacular FJ40 that it is today.. If you want the very best Land Cruiser we’ve ever seen, this is definitely it. The Kansas family owned the Land Cruiser for over ten years and out of three of those years they performed extensive full nut and bolt restoration with a true cost of over $110,000+. Every part and piece was either ordered NOS parts from Lewis Toyota in Topeka or Specter Off-Road the Land Cruiser parts specialist in California (all receipts included). Over $30k alone was invested in the body work and paint by complete disassembly and media blasting everything, the FJ was then reassembled with all new stainless steel hardware. Overall this is a gorgeous correct restoration with some very tasteful modifications added such as Emu 2″ suspension lift, rear disc brakes and 17″ American Racing wheels. The market on the FJ has been very solid for the past five years and the top market trucks with top quality restorations sell fast because the value curve just continues to rise. This has made the vintage Land Cruiser’s excellent long term investment trucks that you can actually use and enjoy occasional.
Wearing show quality Voodoo Blue paint with a white hardtop, this near perfect Fj40 is hard to miss. The exterior paint is extremely brilliant and all the trim pieces are in excellent overall condition, as expected with the investment someone made into this Land Cruiser’s restoration. All of the factory rocker panel seams and factory body lines have been retained. The glass panels are in excellent condition and all rubber seals, rubber bumpers, window slides, window felt, window mounting rubber body bushings and body mounts have been completely replaced. When the Land Cruiser was reassembled over 90% of all the hardware was upgraded to stainless steel, basically over $5,000 in nuts and bolts alone! The vehicle lights are all in like-new condition. The original hardtop was completely dissembled, painted and rebuilt. The interior floors were coated in a tasteful, semi-gloss black bed liner for future protection, the underbody and wheel wells were also coated.
Inside, the black-and-blue interior is eye-catching. The front correct gray deluxe bucket seats and rear jump seats are in excellent order with upgraded three-point seatbelts in the front and updated lap belts in the back. There is no carpet, a wise decision in a vehicle made for roughing it, but the floors look new anyway and come with removable rubber mats. The vehicle’s roll bar and the blue metal instrument panel with its black passenger grab bar just gleams. Just below that bar, on the glove box door, is a diagram with gearshift instructions. The instrument area has been upgraded with a Autometer tachometer that is attached to the steering column. The original, three-spoke steering wheel is in good shape while the door panels, mirror glass and shifter are all in excellent condition. In the rear are black flip-up jump seats and a rarely seen rear heater to keep the kids or Fido from freezing during your fishing trip to Lake Superior. During restoration the front and rear heaters were rebuilt with new seals, linkage bushings and new heater core. Finishing off this truck’s interior is a Kenwood AM/FM stereo with rear speaker boxes.
The original 2F inline six engine was rebuilt using MAF forged 9:1 compression pistons and the rotating assembly was balanced and a new Toyota harmonic balancer installed. The intake has been upgraded to a Weber 36/36 carburetor and the exhaust side was upgraded to a Man-A-Fre chrome performance header. All the motor mounts have been replaced and the engine is now cooled with a MAF aluminum radiator. A later model FJ40 larger cooling fan with fan clutch was added to quiet down freeway driving. The factory points distributor was swapped out for a nice aluminum HEI distributor. Alternator, water pump, hoses, clamps, and just about everything else has all been rebuilt or replaced with quality parts under the hood!
Underneath this exquisite Land Cruiser the frame was professionally sand blasted and then powder coated black. The rear differential was pulled and rebuilt with new gears and bearings and the front differential had new seals, outer bearings, cv joints and the steering knuckles were rebuilt. The drive and prop shafts were rebuild with new u-joints and balanced. The FJ-40 is equipped with brand new 4 piston front brakes and the rear factory drums were upgraded to disc brakes, all brakes lines were upgraded with new stainless steel braided lines and the hard steel lines were upgraded to new coated lines. No details were overlooked during this restoration so even the drive line parking brake was upgraded to a caliper/disc setup.
The suspension was completely upgraded with leaf springs, shocks, and steering damper all from Old Man Emu. The suspension upgrades lifted the trick a tasteful 2 inches and the rear differential has caster shims installed to maintain the correct driveshaft angle. The front springs are installed with Man-A-Fre shackle reversal kit which also improves on road handling and off road capability. The truck rides on Mickey Thompson Baja Mountain tires, sized 265/70R17 all around and surrounding polished, 17-inch American Racing Mojave Eight-hole wheels. Both tires and wheels are in like new condition. .
Documentation includes $110,000 in restoration receipts and photo album book depicting the vehicle at various stages of its transformation.
Competition to this Toyota in 1976 included International-Harvester’s Scout, Ford’s Bronco, Jeep CJ, and Land Rover’s 88 Series IIa.
This truck is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 90,681 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt title. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!!
Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.
Specifications Jump to top
|Year:||1976||Make:||Toyota||Model:||FJ-40 Land Cruiser|
|Lot Number:||Exterior:||Voodoo Blue||Interior:||Black|
|Call Motoexotica:||636-600-4600||Ebay Listing:||View on Ebay||Sold to:|
Video Jump to top
Gallery Jump to top
Make An offer
Make an offer on 1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
Trade Your Car
Trade Your Car for 1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
Contact About 1976 Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser Listing